Sunday, May 20, 2012

1 Timothy 6:6


"It's not what isn't, it's what you wish was that makes unhappiness." - Janis Joplin

Do you ever wonder what your life would look like as a story in a book? This quote made me wonder if, were I to read my own story in a novel, I would think, "Wow, I wish I was her. She has so much. She seems so cool. Her life is great. She has great teeth."

Do we take inventory enough of what we have? I don't think I live very consciously. It's pretty easy just to live life. Like how when you use a certain shampoo long enough eventually you stop smelling it in your own hair. And sometimes I get scared that something in my life is going to change and, even if it's a good change, I'll have missed something this stage of life had to offer me. My friend Abe Parker sings, "The grass is greener on the other side of the wall only because you didn't water your lawn at all."

I don't want to wish any part of my life away because I'm looking at something I don't have and wanting it.

And I like this song:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com