Sunday, February 20, 2011

good news! great joy!

I love Turner Classic Movies. Their website is even one of my little tabbies on the top of my web browser. I made magnets out of their logo, which are on the refrigerator right now. At one point I even kept records of what classic movies I'd seen, categorized by actor and listed by year. I stopped tallying in 2008, but at that point (according to my documents), I had seen 19 Cary Grant movies, 24 Jimmy Stewart movies, 17 Paul Newman movies, 16 Fred Astaire movies, 12 Bing Crosby movies, 14 Ginger Roger movies, 10 Doris Day movies, and the list goes on. And on.

And on.

I was kind of a nerd in high school. Not the "study hard and wear too-short jeans" kind of nerd, but the "hanging pictures of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers on my wall" kind of nerd. In fact, they're there, even now. Hey, Fred.

I wanted the TCM Scene-It game for my birthday, until I realized, who would play it with me?

Dear Robert Osborne,
I realize you are a very important and busy man, what with being the host and face of TCM. But I was wondering if you would play Scene-It with me. Then maybe Glenn Miller DDR.
Love, Heather

For 3 1/2 years I have gotten on TCM's website and requested they replay a certain film. It isn't on DVD yet, so I occasionally change my e-mail so I can vote they put it on DVD. And on their "recommend a film" page I change my name and location so they think many people all over the country are requesting the same movie.

Please play Pillow to Post again. I think it's fabulous!
Beth/Kansas City

OMG i just luv this movei! plz play it agan
Brittany/CA

My mother just died from a 7-year battle with cancer. When I was a little girl we used to watch this movie at night when I couldn't sleep. Also there were puppies involved. Please show this movie.
June/Hartford

Then I wondered if they could track my posts from the same computer, and all the men in the tech center at TCM headquarters were probably looking at each other with enormous and very official headphones on their ears thinking, "Why does this woman keep messaging us as fake people? We know you're only one person!"

Because I want to see this movie! Please just show this movie again!

And guess what. They are. THEY FINALLY ARE!

March 25 at 11:45 p.m.

Thank you to all my split personalities who contributed to make this moment possible.

Why don't movie posters look like this anymore?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com